Since 2014, the world has seen a 25% boost in sustainable energy investment and a sharp decline in oil and gas investment. This, coupled with the commitment in Europe to cut greenhouse gas emissions by at least 40 percent by 2030, makes it more important than ever to put the scientific theory of before, into real life workable and commercially viable sustainable energy technological solutions. So that we can start changing the world now.
A driving catalyst of this change is The Business Booster (TBB), the world’s leading sustainable energy innovation event, showcasing 150+ such technologies under one roof. This two-day networking event provides an unparalleled opportunity for industry to get a glimpse into this new reality, and adopt state of the art, sustainable energy technologies to ensure they remain competitive throughout the energy transition. Here are some examples:
- BeOn Energy have manufactured a converter and complete DIY solar power system that can be plugged-in into any wall socket, just like a common house appliance.
- Vilisto, a German innovation has developed a self-learning smart radiator thermostat.
- On a larger scale- Greinon’s innovative, fully modular, autonomous smart city control system turns conventional infrastructure into smart city units, allowing for energy savings of up to 85%.
- NAWA technologies have developed unique cells, modules and systems to help increase uninterrupted power supply reliability in data centres, making the short-term production from renewables more predictive.
- Gensoric developed a world first residential power-to-liquid and CO2 usage system.
- EP Tender have developed on-demand range extending modules for electric vehicles, which easily allow EV’s to go even further.
Last year we saw 700 attendees, from 30+ countries, consisting of energy industry representatives, financial communities, policy makers, regulators and press, including Dr. Bertrand Piccard, Chairman of the Solar Impulse Foundation who said, “What we see here was a dream 10 years ago, and now it is a reality”. And Maroš Šefčovič, the Vice-President of the European Commission in charge of the Energy Union who stated during his opening keynote: “The Business Booster is one of those ‘transmission belts’ that makes our transition to clean energy tangible: it stimulates innovation and entrepreneurship ‘on the ground’, creates and paves the way to new business models and opportunities, and promotes cooperation across the value chain.”